Join us as we chat on October 24 – 8pm EST / 5pm PST
Spooky books seems to have taken over YA with the arrival of cultural phenomenon Stranger Things, the re-vamp of Stephen King’s IT, and authors who tap into their inner R.L. Stine and keep readers screaming (literally) for more!
In October we will be reading YA books that scare us, leave us mystified, and take us to worlds unknown. This month, choose horror, thrillers, sci-fi, mysteries — anything that leaves you with goosebumps! Join us at the end of the month to share…if you dare!!
Don’t have anything spooky creeping up your TBR list? Here are some resources to help you dig up a haunting pick:
- 15 Scary Young Adult Books That Are Perfect for Halloween
- A definitive list of YA thrillers that will keep you up at night
- Surefire YA Scares: 13 of the Best Teen Horror Books
- 20 New Horror Books For Readers Who Take Spooky Season Seriously (not exclusively YA, but a good list)
- FROM CHRISTOPHER PIKE TO L.J. SMITH, THE YA HORROR BOOKS THAT RULED THE ’80S AND ’90S (if you’re feeling nostalgic)
- 5 YA Horror Novels We Love
- Spooky, Semi-Scary Books for Middle Grade Readers
- 5 Extra-Scary Middle Grade Books for Future Stephen King Fans
- SCARY, SCARIER, SCARIEST: 13 TERRIFYING TALES FOR MIDDLE GRADE READERS
- 13 Great Scary Books That Are Appropriate for Tweens
- RA FOR ALL: HORROR